Apr 1st

It’s been a while I scribbled something on my blog. Today is the perfect day to be back in action. Yesterday night I went to a good restaurant with four 3 other guys. I love this crowd - a guy is doctor, another guy a lawyer and the third is an IIM A pass out, working as a Manager in a retail firm, and me :-) .

The discussions were far fetched with varying topics. The issues with the current Quota system in IIMs, the scams happening in hospitals, the advantages of being a doctor in a military hospital, the difference of taking an MBA from IIMs and the foreign universities, the life style of investment bankers etc. To add fire to these discussions, I had couple of Smirnoff vodka with lime cordial :-)

Days are running by and I have 19 days left for my GMAT and 28 days left for my marriage. I took another exam and got a 640 (Quant - 48 and Verbal – 28). I am not at all satisfied with this score. This will not help me get any where near to a top 10 American university. I am looking for a score of 700. There is huge scope of improvement in Verbal. With Quant, I would assume that I should be able to score around 50 with some more practice.

Marriage preparations are in full swing. I am planning for a bachelor’s party in Bangalore. Most of the invitations are sent out. Some shopping activities pending which I plan to complete today.

6 comments:

Anoop Bhat said...

Wish you all the best for you GMAT & your marriage!

Inblue said...

hey.. how have you been ? I didnt do NYU stern because finance is not where i am heading. Chicago was always no 1 on my list. Good luck for your preps and the marriage too !

the being said...

hey, which practice tests are you doing? I did'nt score anything above 650 on the Princeton Review CD. It helps still since the problems r tough and get you prepared for GMAT, just don't take the score seriously. Do the tests from mba.com(or gmat.com, i think) which gives 2 sample practice tests. The scores on these tests are more closer indicators of what your score on the test could be. And remember, its not worth stressing too much about.

all the best for the big day! r we invited? ;)

Unknown said...

all the best of luck dude..!!!

Sreenath said...

@harikrishnan
Thanks!!!

Achilles said...

hey, which test are you giving. if you r giving kaplan tests and scoring 640, its absolutely fine. Btw i m also preparing for GMAT and will give it in next 2 month's time. And hey i m also from infy hyd....do scrap me back, would like to be in touch, maybe will help us both in the application process. And yeah you blog is really good, i really needed some finance knowledge..keep posting the same :)